ATTENTION SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT STUDENTS : $7,500 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
The Traffic Club of Pittsburgh 2024 Scholarship Award Program
Qualification Criteria and Application Requirements
Your application will consist of:
- Your resume. Please include your family home address as well as your school address and a
telephone number where you can be contacted.
- Your one-page composition (original writing, double spaced) on one of the following topics:
a. Describe what you feel would be your ideal job upon graduation in the field of transportation,
logistics or supply chain management, and why; or
b. Tell us about your most interesting transportation, logistics or supply chain management class
to date, and how you feel you might use the course content in your first job after graduating; or
c. Describe or highlight one aspect of one of your internships or out-of-classroom work
experiences which you anticipate will help you become a more qualified supply chain
management professional and a better leader in transportation, logistics or supply chain
Include your name on your one-page composition. If you submitted an application for the 2023
scholarship award, we strongly recommend that you pick a different topic for your 2024 application.
- An official certified copy of your most recent college grade transcript, sent directly to The Traffic
Club of Pittsburgh at firstname.lastname@example.org by the Registrar’s Office. This transcript
must reflect your Fall 2023 course results.
- A letter of recommendation about you from one of your transportation / logistics / supply-chain
management / industrial engineering professors. The letter of recommendation may be contained in an
email or attached to an email sent directly from the recommending professor’s email account to
email@example.com. Alternately, the recommending professor may send a
manually signed hardcopy letter of recommendation directly to the Traffic Club of Pittsburgh at address
Emailed application materials must be sent no later than 11:59 PM on February 12, 2024 to:
Hardcopy application materials must be postmarked no later than 11:59 PM on February 12, 2024
and sent to:
The Traffic Club of Pittsburgh
Post Office Box 284
Beaver, PA 15009
Attn: Executive Director
Application materials forwarded electronically are preferred, and should be in pdf format.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. four-year college undergraduate
program with a major in supply chain management, transportation, distribution, logistics, or industrial
- Student may not have previously received a Traffic Club of Pittsburgh scholarship award.
- Student must have completed their sophomore year (or one-half of graduating credit requirements) and
must have completed a minimum of two (2) Supply Chain courses consisting of not fewer than six (6)
Supply Chain credit hours.
- Student’s certified transcript must indicate that a minimum cumulative, as well as major, grade point
average of 3.00 or higher (on a 4.0-based scale) has been achieved.
- Selected candidate MUST be present in person at the Traffic Club of Pittsburgh’s Annual Dinner in
Pittsburgh, PA on Thursday, March 21, 2024 to receive their scholarship award.
- Selected candidate must return to the Club a completed tax identification information form by the date
specified on the form. The tax identification information form will be provided by the Club to each
- Qualified students who had applied but were not selected in a prior year are encouraged to apply for
the 2024 awards. Students in their senior year are free to apply provided they meet all of the
- Some of our scholarship donors may be interested in reviewing your résumé for recruiting purposes.
Absent your advice to the contrary, we oblige these requests from our donors. Their generosity permits
our scholarship program to grow. If you prefer that your résumé not be distributed beyond the
scholarship selection committee, simply let us know with the submission of your application materials.
You need not state a reason. An election not to share your résumé will have no bearing upon the
evaluation of your application. In no event will transcripts, letters of recommendations, or compositions
be shared beyond the scholarship selection committee.
- Each of the four items required to complete your application must be sent to us by February 12, 2024.
Application materials received after that date will be considered provided that they have been sent to us
in the proper manner on or prior to that date. Application materials will not be returned.
- Coursework in which you are currently enrolled but have not yet completed will not be counted toward
meeting the requirement to have completed a minimum of two (2) courses and a minimum of six (6)
credit hours in your major field of study.
- If you have a specific question about the application process or need clarification, please send your
inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will not postpone or otherwise affect the
deadline for applications.
- Receipt of your completed application will be acknowledged by email from the Traffic Club of
Pittsburgh’s office after all four required items (résumé, composition, transcript, and recommendation)
have been received. Email acknowledgment will be sent to the address appearing on your résumé.
Please allow 2 to 3 business days for acknowledgment. Acknowledgment means only that the
documents (hardcopy or digital) have arrived and does not connote that they have been reviewed or
- If you are selected, you will be contacted by telephone by a Scholarship Committee representative. It is
very important that your contact information is accurate so that we may reach you in late February.
- Successful candidates will also receive a complimentary two-year membership in the Traffic Club of
Pittsburgh. You will find it a great networking organization for new jobs and to get technical assistance
for job-related questions.
Ready To Join?
Membership in the Traffic Club of Pittsburgh is open to anyone involved in transportation. Our purpose is to encourage and protect trade and commerce ... by bringing together those engaged in transportation of freight and passengers so that their mutual interests will be advanced.